With more than 30,000 reviews, you’ve told us that iTriage is a “must have” for health care information, but did you know about…
1. iTriage Decision Support – When you search a symptom or disease, don’t stop there. By clicking on the “Find Medical Help Near You” button at the top of the page, you not only can find the closest medical provider, but can also determine the most appropriate level of care for any condition, or the types of doctors that treat that condition.
2. Save Medication Feature – When you search for a particular medication, go ahead and save it; you’ll be glad you did. Just locate the Star/Save button in the upper right of the page. From there, you’ll input your dosage prescribed by the doctor. Now, you have easy access to all medications you take, along with each dosage and frequency. You can also save diseases, procedures and your medical providers. Those can then easily be accessed under the “My iTriage” button on the homepage.
3. Doctor Sorting – By pressing the “Doctor” button from the homepage, iTriage guides you to a complete list of physician subspecialties. Let’s choose “Cardiology.” From there, select “All Cardiology.” At this point, you can conduct a quick sort from the top of the page by clicking “Sort.” Or, press “Advanced” to customize your sort for a cardiologist by gender, rating, experience, language and more.
4. Appropriate Medications for Conditions – Ever wonder if you are taking the right medication for your condition or what your alternatives might be? iTriage can help. Search for any disease, then click on the “Treatment” button from that page. At that point, you can see specific prescriptions and over-the-counter medications that could potentially treat your condition. Now you have a wealth of information to discuss medication options with your physician.
5. Filtering Possible Causes – When looking at possible causes of your symptoms, iTriage allows you to filter by several key factors. You can search common, pediatric or life threatening causes. This information is helpful when dealing with small children or understanding conditions that likely need immediate attention at an emergency department.
Want to learn more about using iTriage? Check out the iTriage tour within the iPhone® app (soon to be available for Android™). Locate the iTriage tour on the second page of the home screen in the “About” section and quickly discover the wealth of health care information you have at your fingertips.